Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

Which video

ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Flair Bartending
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:47 am
PostPost subject: Which video

Ive been throwing bottles and tins around for like 9 months. I own only 2 videos and Ive already learned more than these two videos have to offer.
Im pretty coordinated so I can learn new tricks in no time.
Im thinking about getting another video or two but theres so many I dont know which ones to get.
Im looking for something that focuses on advanced working flair. Like quick creative moves that are simple for someone who is experienced but look really cool.
Can someone help me out please?

Thanks
flair_girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:53 am
PostPost subject: Flair videos

I personally prefer watching flair videos of competitions and stealing moves from them...that way, you're not learning all your moves from one person that another bartender next door could be learning, too. It also gives you the chance to mix up the moves and styles from different bartenders. Legends is a really good DVD--on the finals disc they have a special Working Flair category so you have a ton of moves to steal Wink Most flair comps, though, have a working flair component so you should be able to pick up some new moves. Flair on, dude!
friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:24 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah all the slow motion kinda aggrivates me. Its great for someone just starting though.

It does feel better to come up with a move yourself even though you know its already been done.

What is working flar in a competition? How does it differ from the rest of the comp? Is it just more focused on the drink, like more drinks in a given time thus forcing you to do quick moves?
flair_girl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:30 am
PostPost subject: Working Flair

Working flair in a competition refers to the part of the comp where they make the competitors use half-full bottles to do their tricks. The rest of the comp is usually exhibition flair where they put only about 1/4-1 oz. of liquor in the bottles. You usually have to make the "working flair" drinks before you go on to exhibition. Working flair also includes garnish, ice cube, napkin tricks and so forth-basically anything you would do behind the bar at work with bottles that aren't all only an ounce full. Depending on the judging criteria, the garnish stuff might not be counted as "working flair" but under variety of objects.
summieone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:29 am
PostPost subject: which videos

Firstly - which two videos do you have?

Secondly - flairgurl is quite right about getting competition videos, they really do inspire you to think lateraaly. However, every single one of the bartenders on those videos learnt the fundamentals of flair first. You need to build your foundations as Ken Hall will tell you. I have been flairing for about a year now and really want to start competing soon, but still I work on starter moves as I didn't practice enough with my left hand. Trust me, when you see someone pull off a great move in competition and you go home and want to try it, you will suddenly be hit with a possible lack in fundamentals.

Example, Christian Delpech at his last legends won the finest call stall competition - that is during his routine he had to stall a finest call bottle, he did this my stalling it behind his back. Now consider what that really is?! That is a flip with a plastic bottle to a catch behind the back. Now replace a catch for a stall. You see its only really two basic moves combined, but bringing it up to a world class standard. So work on getting the basics nailed with LH and RH and then looking up at the customers.

If you haven't got them already - you want Extreme bartending Working flair series
Flairco flair vid
christian Delpech working flair volume 1
Ken Hall learn to Flair

Hope this helps

D
gecekusu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:47 pm
PostPost subject:

Just watch [url=http://www.cocktailshows.com ][size=18:ddee48f848]cocktailshows.com[/size:ddee48f848][/url]
ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Flair Bartending All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: