Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

help me out please

ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Bartender & Server Job Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xewkija

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:16 pm
PostPost subject: help me out please

I have had my bartending certificate for about a year now. and i still wasnt able to get any job. so i just applied for barcareers.com but i heard their a scam (anyone have first hands with them?) well, i just need some help on how to get a better deal of getting a bartending job. ive been in the catering busineuss for like 9 months...

and i have a great resuma put together.

any advice would be great.

thank you
Brad Kaplan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 pm
PostPost subject:

Wow, sorry I didn't see this back in August, but I figured I'd post a reply in the event anyone is similarly frustrated.
When looking for your first bartending job you should consider several things. First, everyone wants to be a bartender so you need to stand out when applying for bartending jobs especially if you have not bartended before (oustide of catering).
If it seems very difficult to break into the biz you should look and expect to start out in a different position and work your way up. If you really shine and let everyone know you want to be behind the bar, then you will get your shot.
Look for places that are just opening. They obviously have openings.
My first Bartending job was at a new bowling alley, then a new Irish Pub, then started as a server at TGI Fridays and got the very next spot as a bartender. 3 1/2 years later and still shining.
Through all of this I have been with extremebartending.com to give myself that extra edge.
Set yourself apart with confidence and use this site. See that tab to the left that says "Get Bartender Job DVD?" No joke, it is full of vital material about the biz and what it takes to break in.
Happy Sexy Person
ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Bartender & Server Job Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: